COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update May 8
Beginning May 11th, TSI will begin to provide a small number of individual lessons to our clients. We are asking that you directly contact your instructor to set up the lesson. They will work with you to schedule your appointment. When you drop off your child for the lesson, please wait until he/she passes the temperature screening before leaving the parking lot.
In addition we will have a team member only hitting times posted on the website this weekend. Please call the facility to book your half hour time slots. We will maintain a limit of 10 people in the facility.
For everyone’s safety, we will have the following procedures in place:
*Upon entering the facility, you must stop at the front desk and have your temperature taken with a scan. (We have contactless thermometers on order that we will utilize upon arrival next week)
* Sanitize or wash your hands upon entering the facility and after your lesson.
*Maintain a 6 foot distance with clients at all times. You can wear a mask if you prefer.
*No hand-shaking or high fives
*Encourage players not to touch face during the lesson and wash hands/sanitize immediately after lesson.
*Parents will drop off at front of building-no parents will be allowed in the facility. Please make sure your clients know this.
*Players should wear batting gloves on both hands if they have them. This is recommended for picking up balls.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon and will keep you updated as the week progresses.
(Facility will also be open on Saturday, May 23rd from 9 AM – 1 PM for open hitting with 1-day advance reservation. We will be closed on Memorial Day.)
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update May 1
To those of you who chose the Full Pay Option for the 2019-2020 season, I am sorry that we failed to include information in yesterday’s message. We suspended payments in May as we were just not comfortable collecting, knowing that families making a monthly payment during this time might need some assistance.
As we laid out in the message sent yesterday, which age group your child plays in, will affect how we manage the fees moving forward. We will do our best to provide a season which may run longer than originally expected. Both monthly pay and full pay members will be treated with the same consideration regarding how we handle fees for the season. Again, we will continue to keep everyone in the loop and look to Mid May – June for us to be able to assess the remainder of the season. We appreciate your patience as we wait to see how things play out.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Apr 30
As we approach the month of May with few definitive answers as to how the season will play out, we wanted to share a few updates we will be implementing immediately:
- We will be suspending all payments for May whether you had ACH or cc payment authorized. For those of you with ACH, you will see a charge and a credit for the same amount shown on May 1.
- Please continue to take advantage and attend our Live Zoom Calls with a host of softball and baseball mentors including coaches, players and scouts sharing thoughts on skill development in the wake of this crisis, recruiting and life as a professional… these calls have been a huge success and are also available on our website as recorded.
- Our thoughts regarding the season are still focused on rescheduling and making up the missed practices and tournaments. Most tournaments that have been cancelled are attempting to reschedule later in the summer. We are hopeful that this will be the case. Your coaches will be keeping you up to date on changes and seeking your input
- We are focused on playing in our region as much as possible to avoid travel and also the expenses associated with going out of state. We have heard from our families that this is the preference and agree.
- For those of you who were scheduled to finish with tournaments in May and June. We anticipate tournaments to be played in July and August
- For our high school teams, we are still being advised that tournaments will be played. We do anticipate changes to venues, as most colleges are still closed. We still plan to be attending as many tournaments as possible
- Implementing the Governors guidelines we are able to open our facility in limited capacity. Effective May 8, we will begin to open the venue for private lessons, batting cage, pitching mound and field reservations for team members. We will allow members to bring in 1 guest during this period at no charge. Reservations are required and can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- We will have in place the following guidelines for all until further notice:
- We will allow no more than 10 persons in the field house at any time
- Guests will need to stay in their cars as the lobby will be closed
- Hand Sanitizer will be available upon entry and exit
- Temperatures will be taken and only those with no fever will be admitted
- All players, coaches and staff will follow 6′ social distancing guidelines
- Masks are at the discretion of the visitor but are recommended
- The venue will be cleaned and areas disinfected daily
Keep an eye out for an email later this week which will outline hours of operation and more specific details about schedules
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We will continue to update everyone as the situation continues to develop. If you have additional questions about schedules/teams/tournaments please do not hesitate to reach out to Coach Chris McKnight, VP of Baseball and Softball at email@example.com.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 30
Due to the statewide mandate on 3/30 to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the TSI indoor training facility is temporarily closed and our staff will be working remotely. We will continue to provide details on our website and via email, as the situation changes.
Additionally, we have instructed coaches that lessons will cease until the new order is lifted. Coaches in the mean time will be adding content through our social media pages and we encourage members to take advantage of continued education – such as our Live Baseball and Softball Zoom Events.
Many tournaments are either being rescheduled or are still scheduled for May, June and July. Know that we are monitoring this closely and hope to see some type summer schedule go on. However, given that we do not have a schedule yet, we are offering that monthly payments can be deferred until the season resumes.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 26
Once again, we are reaching out to keep you informed of the influence that COVID 19 is having on TSI and our operations. On March 24, 2020, To limit the spread of coronavirus, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has ordered that non-essential recreation businesses close at midnight Tuesday. This new order will be in place for the next 30 days and applies to the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. This includes our venue and as such all indoor activity will cease for this one month period.
For those of you who are interested, instructors will be able to schedule private lessons utilizing the outside fields. We want to share that we have confirmed that this is permissible with Henrico County COVID-19 task force based on the under 10 person limit and the requirement to stay 6 feet apart. All coaches have been informed of these processes. Please reach out directly to your instructor to secure times and availability. Please understand this is at the discretion of our individual coaches.
At this time, we are hopeful that our season will resume and look forward to getting back. Many tournaments are either being rescheduled or are still scheduled for May, June and July. Know that we are monitoring this closely and hope to see a summer schedule go on.
We encourage players to reach out to their coach, sharing videos, seeking guidance on drills etc. Keep an eye on our social media pages as we will continue to provide good information and suggestions to keep you in the groove for when the season starts back up.
As we navigate this new landscape we want all of our families to be safe and healthy and look forward to getting back to what we all love. Thanks for your support during this time, we are thankful for the families that make up this organization!
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 19
- Tuckahoe Sports Training Center will remain closed until April 13th. We will reevaluate at that time.
- Private individual lessons remain available from Monday to Friday 4 – 7 pm. Please contact your instructor directly to schedule.
- Baseball and Softball Spring Break Camps (April 6th – 9th) have been cancelled.
- TLL Spring Prep Class final two classes have been moved to April 20th and April 27th.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 15
We would like to provide an update to all of our families. As the current situation with the Covid-19 virus continues to evolve, we have decided to alter our original plan of action as it pertains to the facility and its usage. With schools and business closing and at least the next several weeks of tournaments cancelling, we want to help mitigate any unnecessary risk to our staff and families.
- Individual lessons will still be available provided that a client still wishes to proceed. We ask that if an athlete is not feeling well that they do not attend the lesson. Our 24-hour cancellation policy will be waived during this time. If you need to cancel, please contact your instructor directly.
- Effective immediately, all team practices are cancelled from March 16th through March 22nd at minimum. As March 22nd gets closer, we will re-visit this and determine potential practices and changes going forward. Once a decision is made it will be communicated to all teams.
- We will not be taking field/cage reservations during this period – this includes members and non-members. We will only be open from 4 pm – 7 pm for individual lessons.
- With practices being cancelled, we will do our level best to make up any missed practices once schedules resume.
- Once things get back to a normal schedule, our staff and your coaches will work to get the missed tournaments rescheduled.
- All other policies previously announced remain in effect. We ask that parents drop-off their child and remain in their car. There will be no player or coaches contact to avoid contamination. Any player entering the facility will need to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer before and after their lesson.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you have. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 360-3395.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 13
Our TSI family is very important to us and in light of the current state of the COVID-19 outbreak and a state of emergency being declared for the Commonwealth of Virginia, we are implementing new procedures to keep everyone safe.
- We are disinfecting all commons areas, bathrooms, door handles, etc continually.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available to all and we strongly encourage their use.
- We ask that parents drop off players for practices and lessons and remain in their car as a way to limit the number of people congregating.
- If your child feels sick do not bring them to practice or a lesson.
- All players should have their own drinks and NO SHARING.
- Use Common Sense!!
USSSA has adopted a “no-contact/no-handshake” policy during games. Players and coaches will avoid handshakes, fist bumps or any other contact until further notice. We would like to extend this policy to practices here at the facility as well.
We totally understand that is not optimal, but for the safety of all involved, we respectfully request you adhere to these policies for the near future.
We are not canceling team practices, classes or individual lessons at this time. We will continue to keep you updated.