TSI COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)CDC Guidelines:
TSI Families and Staff:
Effective Jan. 17, TSI is implementing shorter quarantine periods and adjusting who must quarantine. The changes align with new CDC and Virginia Health Department guidance. Out of an abundance of caution, isolation protocols for individuals testing posting for COVID are not changing at this time due to high community transmission levels.
Who needs to quarantine?
Members, visitors and employees who are identified as a close contact (through contact tracing) of someone with COVID, should remain home in quarantine for at least 5 full days symptom free after their last close contact if one of the following applies:
- They are unvaccinated or those that choose to not disclose their status. This is voluntary
- They have not completed the primary vaccine series (two doses of Moderna or Pfizer; a single dose of Johnson & Johnson).
- They are ages 18 and older who completed the primary series of the recommended vaccines but have not received a booster shot when eligible (6 months after primary
Who doesn’t need to quarantine?
Members, visitors and employees do not need to quarantine after being identified as a close contact to someone with COVID-19 they are:
- Ages 18 and older and completed the primary vaccine series and received the booster dose when eligible (6 months after primary series).
- Ages 5-17 and completed the primary vaccine series. You will need to voluntarily provide vaccine information to TSI to confirm vaccination status (Send to Kelly Hill- firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Less than 90 days after testing positive for COVID-19.
What are isolation protocols?
Members and employees who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate at home for 10 days.
What is the policy on masks in the facility?
- Face Coverings will be strongly recommended for guests and team members who are not fully vaccinated.
- Any player/parent/coach/staff who has been in contact with anyone (including family members) awaiting results from testing , must refrain from visiting until testing is complete. If positive, Chris McKnight (email@example.com) must be notified so that team protocol can be established and contacts notified.
What is the policy for visitors?
- TSI would request that parents/visitors limit the time spent within the facility given that space is limited. If possible we would ask that parents drop off for team practices etc unless you need to speak to your coach. This will help us limit exposure and also allow for spacing within the indoor space.
What are the cleaning protocols being followed?
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
- Staff continues to clean high traffic areas throughout the day. Additionally, TSI has invested in an electrostatic sprayer to be used on all surfaces. Currently, we are utilizing the sprayer in high traffic areas during the day and also in our end of day sanitizing routine. The patented technology provides an electrical charge to solutions, allowing them to wrap conductive surfaces with an effective and even coverage. Double-charged particles envelope all conductive surfaces – shadowed, vertical and underneath. It will be used in lobby, classrooms, restrooms and field house on a daily basis. Take a minute and review the link attached:
How will we be notified about positive cases?
If there is a positive case that might have exposed a team to COVID-19, TSI will inform all players on that team of possible exposure. We will not share the individual’s name for privacy reasons. At that time, quarantine protocol as outlined above will be in effect for all players. Emails will be sent out by Chris McKnight and any questions should be directed to him.
Tuckahoe Sports COVID-19 Response History
For more information on our response to COVID-19 starting in 2020, please reference TSI Facility – Coronavirus Updates