The 2019 Tuckahoe Sports (TSI) Winter Softball Tournaments were held indoors at the TSI Training Center during the first three months of this year.
All 25 winter softball tournament events – for 10U, 12U, and 14U teams – were sold out in 2019 and based on a recent participant survey, the winter softball tournaments were an overwhelming success!
Responses came from a variety of teams representing the region from Arlington to Hampton Roads – and everywhere in between.
We are excited to now share the results for your reference.
- Average overall rating for the events was 4.4 stars out of 5!
- TSI’s venue was a huge winner with warm-up areas and playing field receiving 98% favorable ratings.
- Most teams participated two times and all surveyed were interested in returning next year.
- The timing of the games and warm-ups worked well for teams.
- Overall the event was seen as a winner from coaches, team members and supporting family members!
Suggestions for next winter included:
- Spicing up the variety of concessions offered – we will keep this in mind!
- Support for the addition of winter softball tournaments in December too.
- Support for a Championship Tournament (i.e. Tournament of Champions) at the end of the 2019-20 winter season.
Taking this information into account:
- TSI will spend the next few months while you are playing outdoors to develop the new schedule for winter softball tournaments.
- You can expect more winter softball tournament dates for winter 2019-2020.
- There will be an opportunity for a 10U, 12U, and 14U team to be crowned the overall Winter Madness Tournament Champion next winter!
TSI thanks you for your support and looks forward to seeing you once the winter rolls around!
We are glad to be your “Winter field!!”
Check out photos of 2019 Winter Madness Tournament Champions – plus more event details on our Winter Madness Softball Tournaments webpage.
If you would like to be added to the 2019-2020 Winter Softball Tournaments interest list, please contact Theresa Caraher, Director of Softball Operations.