The recent Spider Youth Baseball Camp offered a unique learning experience for players who learned from a baseball staff which consists of the University of Richmond Baseball coaches Tracy Woodson, RJ Thomas, Nate Mulberg, Collin Radack and Eric Hill.
Each player received instruction through one-on-one participation and small group work according to age. Players participated in drills and teaching sessions that helped them understand the fundamental skills that are used at each position and offensively.
(For information on remaining summer baseball camps at TSI, please visit our Baseball Camps page.)
Other Spider Youth Baseball Camp Notes:
- Participants worked with the University of Richmond Spider coaching staff, players and other current college baseball players from various schools.
- Worked on and emphasized proper base running techniques
- Worked through infield footwork drills to help players approach ground balls properly and maintain proper fielding position
- Practiced drills to work on proper throwing technique and improve arm strength and accuracy
- Coached players on proper form to catch fly balls
- Performed tee drills and batting practice drills, focusing on proper timing and positioning
- Live scrimmages focusing on applying everything the players had learned throughout the course of the day
- Day 3- players all wore their favorite MLB jerseys representing their favorite teams
- Day 4- players participated in Baseball Olympics. Various baseball skills were tested and each team had a gold medal winner!