COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 30
Due to the statewide mandate on 3/30 to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the TSI indoor training facility is temporarily closed and our staff will be working remotely. We will continue to provide details on our website and via email, as the situation changes.
Additionally, we have instructed coaches that lessons will cease until the new order is lifted. Coaches in the mean time will be adding content through our social media pages and we encourage members to take advantage of continued education.
Many tournaments are either being rescheduled or are still scheduled for May, June and July. Know that we are monitoring this closely and hope to see some type summer schedule go on. However, given that we do not have a schedule yet, we are offering that monthly payments can be deferred until the season resumes.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 26
Once again, we are reaching out to keep you informed of the influence that COVID 19 is having on TSI and our operations. On March 24, 2020, To limit the spread of coronavirus, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has ordered that non-essential recreation businesses close at midnight Tuesday. This new order will be in place for the next 30 days and applies to the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. This includes our venue and as such all indoor activity will cease for this one month period.
For those of you who are interested, instructors will be able to schedule private lessons utilizing the outside fields. We want to share that we have confirmed that this is permissible with Henrico County COVID-19 task force based on the under 10 person limit and the requirement to stay 6 feet apart. All coaches have been informed of these processes. Please reach out directly to your instructor to secure times and availability. Please understand this is at the discretion of our individual coaches.
At this time, we are hopeful that our season will resume and look forward to getting back. Many tournaments are either being rescheduled or are still scheduled for May, June and July. Know that we are monitoring this closely and hope to see a summer schedule go on.
We encourage players to reach out to their coach, sharing videos, seeking guidance on drills etc. Keep an eye on our social media pages as we will continue to provide good information and suggestions to keep you in the groove for when the season starts back up.
As we navigate this new landscape we want all of our families to be safe and healthy and look forward to getting back to what we all love. Thanks for your support during this time, we are thankful for the families that make up this organization!
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 19
- Tuckahoe Sports Training Center will remain closed until April 13th. We will reevaluate at that time.
- Private individual lessons remain available from Monday to Friday 4 – 7 pm. Please contact your instructor directly to schedule.
- Baseball and Softball Spring Break Camps (April 6th – 9th) have been cancelled.
- TLL Spring Prep Class final two classes have been moved to April 20th and April 27th.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 15
We would like to provide an update to all of our families. As the current situation with the Covid-19 virus continues to evolve, we have decided to alter our original plan of action as it pertains to the facility and its usage. With schools and business closing and at least the next several weeks of tournaments cancelling, we want to help mitigate any unnecessary risk to our staff and families.
- Individual lessons will still be available provided that a client still wishes to proceed. We ask that if an athlete is not feeling well that they do not attend the lesson. Our 24-hour cancellation policy will be waived during this time. If you need to cancel, please contact your instructor directly.
- Effective immediately, all team practices are cancelled from March 16th through March 22nd at minimum. As March 22nd gets closer, we will re-visit this and determine potential practices and changes going forward. Once a decision is made it will be communicated to all teams.
- We will not be taking field/cage reservations during this period – this includes members and non-members. We will only be open from 4 pm – 7 pm for individual lessons.
- With practices being cancelled, we will do our level best to make up any missed practices once schedules resume.
- Once things get back to a normal schedule, our staff and your coaches will work to get the missed tournaments rescheduled.
- All other policies previously announced remain in effect. We ask that parents drop-off their child and remain in their car. There will be no player or coaches contact to avoid contamination. Any player entering the facility will need to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer before and after their lesson.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you have. Please contact us at email@example.com or (804) 360-3395.
COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) – Update Mar 13
Our TSI family is very important to us and in light of the current state of the COVID-19 outbreak and a state of emergency being declared for the Commonwealth of Virginia, we are implementing new procedures to keep everyone safe.
- We are disinfecting all commons areas, bathrooms, door handles, etc continually.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are available to all and we strongly encourage their use.
- We ask that parents drop off players for practices and lessons and remain in their car as a way to limit the number of people congregating.
- If your child feels sick do not bring them to practice or a lesson.
- All players should have their own drinks and NO SHARING.
- Use Common Sense!!
USSSA has adopted a “no-contact/no-handshake” policy during games. Players and coaches will avoid handshakes, fist bumps or any other contact until further notice. We would like to extend this policy to practices here at the facility as well.
We totally understand that is not optimal, but for the safety of all involved, we respectfully request you adhere to these policies for the near future.
We are not canceling team practices, classes or individual lessons at this time. We will continue to keep you updated.