About the TSI Lead-Off Banquet
Our 4th Annual Lead-off Banquet will take place February 17th, 2019 at the Hilton Short Pump with Keynote Speaker 7-time Cy Young Winner/Major League Star Roger Clemens. The banquet, which is held each winter, highlights the outstanding work in the community that our student-athletes participate in during the fall and honors our 2019 college commits. We also recognize our student leaders and coaches who help contribute to TSI’s mission.
This year, TSI’s main community service project was assisting Enrichmond, restoring historic Evergreen Cemetery. Evergreen Cemetery has served as a powerful monument to black achievement, community life, and family bonds. TSI is proud to be part of this outstanding community project.
During the night, parents and players have the opportunity to bid of some very special themed gift baskets and baseball memorabilia from the game’s superstars.
Each year the Lead-Off Banquet has grown in attendance and this year is no different. We have sold-out for the 4th consecutive year and can’t wait to see all of our student-athletes and their families enjoy a night of comradery, pride, and celebration on February 17th!
Past banquets have included guests Darryl Strawberry, Dale Murphy, and Bill Ripken. TSI organization players are free for this red carpet event, and seating is limited to parents, siblings, and friends.
2019 TSI Lead Off Banquet Details
Date: Sunday, February 17, 2019
Time: 4 – 8 PM
Hall Opens: 4:45PM
Location: Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa
- 7x Cy Young Recipient
- 11x All Star
- 2x World Series Champion
Master of Ceremonies
Mike Blacker (Former PA Announcer for the Richmond Braves)
- Attire: This is a formal event in that we request everyone to dress at least business casual.
- Parental supervision is required, as the hotel does have other guests.
- Arrival Time: The event starts at 4 pm and we request that you do not arrive prior to this time as we will be setting up.
- Please proceed to the Registration desk to check-in by team.
- Silent Auction: There will be many great baskets and sports memorabilia to bid on as well as a 50/50 raffle. Payment for auction items will be due at the end of the evening for winning bids. Cash, check, or charge accepted (although credit cards are subject to a 3% processing fee). Please remember all contributions are tax deductible and support our program.
- Seating: Teams will be grouped together to the best of our ability. With 18 teams and over 500 people attending, some teams will be sharing tables. Please check in upon arrival at the registration desk for your assigned table.
- Autographs: There will be an autograph session at the conclusion of the evening – limited to 1 item per athlete. No autographs should be requested during the photo session. For guests wishing to get there own autograph, we will have a Silent Auction opportunity for a select few individuals. If you are interested, place your bid at the Auction table.
- Attendance: If you are no longer able to attend, please let us know as soon as possible – as the 2019 event is SOLD OUT.